From: Olenhouse, Jason (jason.olenhouse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 19:05:23

In poking around Boost I've noticed the Thread Pool code, but I haven't been able to find much current
information on it. I've found a link mentioning it being in the next major version of Boost.Threads,
but that was nearly three years ago:
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-users/msg01157.php
<http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-users/msg01157.php>

I've found the "Attic" in SourceForge, but I'm unsure of what the Attic is or for and how it relates
to Boost in general as well as Boost Thread Pool:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/thread/src/Attic/thread_pool.cpp?rev=1.1&view=l
og

Basically, I'm just looking for some status information about Boost Thread Pools, specifically if
there is any progress on the Thread Pool code, what version I'm to use, where to get the most current
stable code, why it's not released, and when it will be released, but any other information would
useful as well. Of course, if there's anyway I or my co-workers can contribute to help get things
going we'd be more than happy to help.

Thank you,

-Jason