From: Foster, Gareth (gareth.foster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 04:10:06

I might be wrong here, but I think the gist of the discussion was that
coming up with something bigger than just a documentation Wiki was the way
forward.

I am new to boost, I had no idea there was a Wiki. A site with documentation
as well as blogs and news on C++ and Boost would pull more traffic than a
Wiki alone, in doing so it would hopefully become established, this would in
turn drive the expansion of the Wiki, leading to a general trend towards the
resource being indispensible for C++ developers. Ideally, you want the
situation where C++ student of one year, A, upon being asked by C++ student
of 1 month, B, where he can find std::cout documentation on line, will
instantly point to one place, as he would with PHP etc.

I'll admit, as soon as I saw the word "skeptic", the enormity of the task
dawned on me, maybe it is more than a little pie in the sky, then again, it
would be great if successful.

The anoying part of this is surely that all the tools to build a great
community site are always there, its just the theming and pooling of the
technologies that is tough.

Gaz