From: Martin Jynge (jyngem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 08:36:43

Quoting steve ahlgren <steveahlgren_at_[hidden]>:

> I've messed around with genetic optimization routines and have
> applied
> them to a number of different applications with excellent success. I
> would love to see a "real" toolkit available in something like boost.

It shure would be fancy.

> What algorithms have you implemented?

Well, the old function regression was my first implementation, but since
then the code has changed a lot. I'm currently working on the
Serengeti-problem (with lions and a gazelle, you know). It's not
running yet, because of design dilemmas.. urk..

There are two things I have difficulties with: first i'd like to put
values in the edges. But my implementation uses different value types
in one graph, like a double and a vector of doubles. How does one
implement that in boost? Second, it seems that I have to use indices
with each node, in order to put the right edges in the right slots. So
what kind of container should be used?

> I'll have to dig through my old
> code to see what I have lying around.

I'd love to see what you've got.