From: Steve Hartwell (shspamsink_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-05 12:23:54

Eyal Susser wrote:
Could someone please explain how I use bjam? The docs
> say bjam -sTOOLS=gcc my_target. What is "my_target"?

Try just leaving it off; this will build whatever the jamfile's default
target is, which is something like "all" (i.e. everything the jamfile
knows how to build).

Make sure you're in the directory where jamfile.v1 is.

When you've had more rest ;-) you can reread the docs and poke through
the jamfile itself for more details.

FWIW, I don't use bjam anymore. Once I got it running, I used its -d2
option to see what it was actually doing, and discovered that, for gcc
anyway, the compiler options are fairly trivial. So I just build boost
libs in my IDE with the same compiler options. But I wouldn't recommend
this approach until you've got bjam working first.

HTH,

Steve Hartwell