From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-06 21:02:04

> "Foster, Gareth" <gareth.foster_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Wouldn't something simply and descriptive like
>> http://boostcommunity.org/ or http://community.boost.org/ make more
>> sense? I know everyone is thinking marketing etc, but I think it will
>> be possible to come up with something along those practical lines,
>> that still sounds slick. Thesaurus entry for community anyone?
>
> Good point. Sounding slick might not be so important.

FWIW, I really like http://community.boost.org

Plus it is easy to do and cost free, at least as far as the DNS part goes.

There must be some way to configure an apache web server to know that a page
request is directed at community.boost.org. For the current web site we just
point our www.boost.org DNS record at a general SourceForge IP address, and
somehow the apache web server at SF knows the request is for boost rather
than any of the other project web pages hosted at that same IP address.

--Beman