From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 06:09:24

pankaj jain <pankaj_jain_101_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi ,

Hi Pankaj,

Boost.Build questions are usually best posed in
http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#jamboost

> I am new user of boost.python. Please help me in solving this
> problem. problem 1) When I am running bjam from
> home/boost/libs/python/example/tutorial folder its running fine but
> building my hello.so in
> home/boost/bin/boost/libs/python/example/tutorial/hello.so/gcc/.. folder.is
> there any way to chagne the path for hello.so

Well, you can add the following to your Jamfile:

  stage bin
    : <dll>hello
    :
    : release
    ;

and you'll get a copy of hello.so in bin/hello.so

If you want to build your own example from outside the Boost tree,
you'll need to use a Jamfile formula more like the one in
home/boost/libs/python/example/Jamfile.

> problem 2): when I am
> running bjam from any other folder ( home/boost/sample) its giving
> me this error :: /home/jamrules no such directory
> .../.../allyourbase.jam 1451 see definition of rules "root-path:
> being called.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't have copied that error message
accurately. The triples of dots give it away:

  .../.../allyourbase
  ^^^ ^^^

and also the fact that there is no rule named root-path (it's
"root-paths"). Could you please copy/paste the exact error message?

> Please let me know any solution. Thanks for all your help Pankaj
>
> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Dave Snowdon ha escrito:

<snip> Entire message thread.

Pankaj, please see
http://www.boost.org/more/discussion_policy.htm#quoting, especially
the parts beginning, "Please prune extraneous quoted text..." and "When
starting a new topic, always send a fresh message..."

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting