From: Kick Damien-DKICK1 (DKICK1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-18 12:39:45

John Maddock [john_at_[hidden]] wrote:

> Damien Kick wrote:

> > I was able to find one e-mail in the archives asking about using
> > Boost on Tandem but I was unable to find a reply. Not a good sign
> > <smile>. I currently find myself using the Tandem Development
> > Suite cross compiler for Windows version G06.15 with Cygwin and I
> > hoping I can use Boost, too. Any help?

> What's the compiler? All I could find on the web was a reference to
> Borland C++, in which case, yes it should be more or less supported
> (Borland's compiler is rather broken, so a few advanced bits of
> Boost won't work, but most does).

Hmmm... I had been thinking that the TDS was its own product (from HP
documents, as it owns Tandem at the moment)

    The Tandem Development Suite (TDS) offers the option of selecting
    the native C/C++ PC cross compiler (the Tandem_CCompile product).

but looking a bit closer

    The TDS provides an easty-to-use graphical user interface that
    uses the Borland IDE. [...] Release 2 of the TDS supports Borland
    C++ version 5.02. The Compaq extensions to the Borland
    development environment provide a choice of compilers,

So now I'm a bit confused... What does it mean, "supports Borland
C++"? But, even assuming that Tandem_CCompile is using Borland as a
front-end and generating object code of Tandem Guardian/OSS, I still
need to deal with the Cygwin aspect, AFAICT; i.e. there is no Borland
on Cygwin toolset I can select. Either way, unless someone else has
already done this, then I'll probably have to learn how to define a
new toolset for Boost?