From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-19 11:00:24

> Well, except for invoking the work arounds for broken compilers.
> Whatever the Tandem cross compiler for G06.15 may or may not be, it
> definitely is not using the EDG front end. I have kind of been
> assuming that these details were addresses by the toolset definition.

No, by Boost.Config.

> Looks like I should probably start with
> <http://www.boost.org/libs/config/config.htm> and then root around in
> other toolsets toolset definitions for example jamfiles?

Yes, if it's cygwin hosted, then you might be able to use the configure
script provided (but that really needs to run the test programs, and if it's
a cross compiler you're out of luck). Otherwise just try compiling each of
the "no*pass.cpp" files with the compiler, whichever ones don't compiler
will tell you which defect macros need setting. However, if the compiler
does use the Borland front end, and defines __BORLANDC__ then the good news
is that all the defect macros should get set for you already and you won't
have anything to do. It's down to experimenting really...

John.