From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-23 08:35:06

Walter Fettich wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having a problem when using shared pointers in Embedded Visual
> C++ .Net STLPort.
>
> When trying to compile I always get the error
> 'bad_alloc' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'
> in the file boost/detail/shared_count.hpp
>
> Do you know of any solution or what I can do to fix it?

STLport works very poorly on WinCE. I have done some work to integrate
it with the WinCE 4 (aka WinCE .NET) C++ library but have not yet
completed that.

I can tell you you will probably need to change the line:
     # ifndef _STLP_WINCE
in stlport/new.h to be:
     # if !defined(_STLP_WINCE) || _WIN32_WCE+0 >= 400

> The macro BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined.

Oh, in that case never mind the above.

> Is it a problem in STLPort or Boost?
<snip>

It is a problem with your configuration. Exceptions are a standard C++
feature and many Boost libraries require them. You could probably
change shared_ptr to work without them, but the alternative would be to
abort() the program and that's probably not satisfactory.

Ben.