From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-27 11:17:22

Leon Mergen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 16:52 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
>>>Disclaimer:
>>>This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is
>>>confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers.
>>
>>I didn't dare read the rest of the message. Try posting without legal
>>threats.
>

> You know, there's a difference between 'legal threats' and a
> disclaimer..

For all I know, my employer (or that of any other subscriber) could be a
potential competitor of HCL Technologies. I wouldn't want to be known
to have seen confidential proprietary information from a competitor.
That's what I find threatening.

> some companies actually require their employees to include
> such a disclaimer in their sig.

I'm aware of that. Usually I would ignore it but this particular
sentence goes beyond the normal nonsense.

> Besides, it's safe to read - as a member of this list, you're considered
> an intended recipient of this message. :)

That's not what I was referring to.

Ben.