From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-29 05:54:14

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:
> "Edson Tadeu" wrote:
>

>>I've found a topic of 2 and a half years ago stating that the Lambda
>>library
>>was unusable in Borland C++. Now, in version 1.32.0, it continues
>>unusable.
>>The #inclusion of lambda.hpp itself triggers a lot of errors (nof_elems
>>cannot be used without an object, etc...).
>>
>>There was a suggestion on using spirit/phoenix, but it also generates some
>>errors in this compiler.
>>
>>So, my question again is: how to use Lambda functions or something
>>equivalent in Borland C++?
>>

> BCB doesn't have new version for more than two years,
> that's the main problem.

Actually three+ years considering that no one uses CBX, which was a
failed product from the beginning. Bcb6 came out 2/1/2002. The Bcb6
compiler was also an incrementally small improvement, ala C++, over the
Bcb5 compiler, which was out in 1/31/2000. So over 5 years, Borland has
essentially done nothing to improve their compiler's C++ conformance.

I should know, since a few years ago I posted numerous C++ compiler bug
reports, many taken from Boost, to Borland's bug tracking system, only
to watch as Borland did absolutely nothing about them.

Not to be negative but I do not think that Borland cares very much about
their C++ compiler's conformance to the C++ standard. Instead they have
been almost entirely focused, language-wise, on their Object Pascal and
Java offerings in the last half decade. Nor does this situation look to
be alleviated anytime soon.