From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-29 06:06:06

Edward Diener wrote:

> Not to be negative but I do not think that Borland cares very much about
> their C++ compiler's conformance to the C++ standard. Instead they have
> been almost entirely focused, language-wise, on their Object Pascal and
> Java offerings in the last half decade. Nor does this situation look to
> be alleviated anytime soon.

Here are some quotes regarding the new version of C++ builder from Feb
'05 (from http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,32958,00.html):

"We've done some work on conformance for Boost and for ACE. We're going
to specifically target boost and some customer complaints. We won't be
100% ANSI compliant"

And they state that the product will now use DinkumWare STL rather than
STLPort which should help a little too.

While this isn't concrete proof, it hopefully is a sign that things will
improve with the new release. But only time will tell if they follow
through on this.

Cheers

Russell