From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-19 05:53:51

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:21:28 +0200, Jasper, Alexander wrote
> Hi All!
>
> I'm currently starting to use more of boost, including libs that
> need compiling. Namely date_time. I first of all have to thank you
> for creating boost. It really boosts c++ development so much. And it
> is amazing what can be done with c++ templates.
>
> I'm having problems linking the date_time lib. I'm using the vc-7_1-
> stlport config. In the debug build everything is fine. But no libs
> are build for release mode. At least there are none w/o the g in
> their name in the stage/lib folder. The pragma comment lib stuff
> complains when building my program about not being able to find
> libboost_date_time-vc71-mt-p-1_32.lib. And indeed, it is not there.
>
> I'm using this cmd-line to build date_time
>
> ..\..\build\bjam.exe -sTOOLS=vc-7_1-stlport "-
> sBUILD=<define>BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING" "-
> sSTLPORT_4.6.2_PATH=D:\Alexander.Jasper\hlf\OpsMan-
> 2\tao146_port\thirdparty\stlport" "-sstlport-iostreams=on" --with-
> date_time stage

Well I'm not sure, but there have been build issues with
vc7_1/stlport/date-time. Mostly revolving around wide char handling -- which
it appears you've already turned off. This comes up enough that we wrote it
up in the new version of the docs, but it doesn't seem likely that this is the
problem, but just in case have a look at:

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/resources/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/date_time/details.html#date_time.buildinfo

I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions...

Jeff