From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-19 07:28:38

Hello all,

I am using wide characters from the Xerces-C library. These are defined as always being a 2 bytes
characters by:

typedef short XMLCh; // can be also defined through the #define preprocessor directive I don't
remember it

I also saw a post http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2003/09/5095.php where John answered that it
is better to convert these character sequences on-the-fly to char. Somehow I don't like this
approach, since I believe that with wrong encoding set on the system some information might get
lost.

Is it possible to use XMLCh as character traits in the regular expression if XMLCh* points to a
null-terminated 2 bytes character sequence?

--
With Kind Regards,
Ovanes