From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-23 13:43:58

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:09:10 -0600, Sean Rohead wrote
> I am using the boost date_time library and noticed that there is a
> from_ftime() function to convert a FILETIME into a ptime, but I could
> not find the reverse operation to_ftime(). Am I missing it somewhere?

No. FILETIME, as you're certainly aware, is a Windows only way to measure
time. This function is there primarily to support conversion from legacy
applications. If there's really some need it's not hard to support.

> Likewise, I am using the c_local_adjustor::utc_to_local() function
> and cannot find the corresponding local_to_utc() function in c_local_adjustor.

In 1.33 there is vastly enhanced support for local time conversion via the
timezone class and it's friends posix_timezone and tz_database. See

<http://engineering.meta-comm.com/resources/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/date_time/local_time.html#date_time.local_time.time_zone_base>

for more on this. If you still want to use the compile time approach
supported in 1.32, have a look at
libs/date_time/test/posix_time/testlocal_adjustor.cpp. There's code in there
that show how to convert back and forth.

Jeff