From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-28 15:14:08

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:36:50 -0600, Sean Rohead wrote
> I'm even more confused after looking at the URL and test file you
> suggested. All of the examples in those documents require you to
> explicitly construct and provide a time zone using a name or an
> offset from UTC. I don't want to have to hardcode a timezone in my
> program -- I just want to use whatever time zone that the user has
> configured on their computer. The c_local_adjustor did this for me
> in 1.32 (although as noted in my original email, it only solves half
> of the problem). Perhaps I missed something in the URL you sent, but
> I didn't see anything in there which simply uses the timezone in use
> on the local machine.

I see -- hopefully the answer in the other email will point to the solution of
the problem. Your comment does make me think there should be a portable way to
manfacture an instance of a timezone based on the computer settings. Seems
like a valid use case, although there may be technical difficulties doing it...

Jeff