From: Timothy Ritchey (tritchey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-09 23:40:40

I need to append my comments with a very import observation I just
made regarding the shared_ptr issue I am having. I just copied over
the binary created on my SMP machine to my UP machine, and it is
showing the same problem with releasing the underlying shared pointer
resource. I had been compiling the full code on both machines
(including the boost threading library dll), and comparing those
results, and not actually comparing the results of the same binary.
The two machines are:

Dell Precision 450 Workstation
Dual 2.4Ghz Xeon Processors
Windows XP SP2
Visual Studio 2003
Intel 8.1.???

Home Build
Single AMD Athlon-64 3200+
Windows XP SP2
Visual Studio 2003
Intel 8.1.025

I just realized I don't know the exact rev of Intel I have on my
machine at work, but will check it in the morning. I know it is at
least 8.1.019. I seem to be looking at a problem with either SMP vs.
UP builds or minor revision changes in the Intel compiler. 8.1.025
being the known working version in this case.

Also, I've gotten the same results with 1.32 and 1.33 RC2.

Also, thanks for a great library. We have been using it pretty
extensively throughout our app; including threading, shared_ptr,
spirit, date_time, bind, filesystem and multi_index (there may even
be more that I can't think of right now). boost has been great fun to
work with.

Cheers,
tim