From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-14 04:44:41

> I attempted to use boost built with system layout (vc-7_1) to
> simplify deployment etc. Unfortunately, my code failed to link as
> the linker tried to link the date_time libraries with TOOLS and
> version marks (I'm not sure about other libraries as it was fatal
> enough:). Is this a known limitation of auto linking? Is there a
> workaround? I haven't search the documentation real thoroughly
> but no hints of how to turn auto linking off...:(

Excuse my ignorance, but what's "system layout" ?

As far as turning auto-linking off, just define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB as a
project wide define and rebuild.

You can keep auto-linking but change the toolset name by defining
BOOST_TOOLSET to the required name when building, however there is
unfortunately a known bug in the usage of this (doesn't work if you have
more than one auto-linked lib included in the same TU), it's trivial to fix,
but the issue wasn't spotted until 1.33 shipped :-(

John.