From: tonton (tonton-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-26 18:59:38

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

> This appears to be the GCC 4.0 + SFINAE + anonymous enum problem discussed in
> this thread: http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/08/91958.php. I'd guess
> that Date_Time is using anonymous enum (directly or indirectly) and it's
> interfering with a SFINAE'd operator in Iostreams, or vice versa. Even if I can
> fix the interaction between Date_Time and Iostreams, it may still be a problem
> when one of the two libraries is used with certain non-Boost libraries.

OK. I've seen that this was a problem with anonymous enums, but I
haven't found the exact reason.

> I'll work on fixing it. In the mean time, it would be helpful if you could name
> the several anonymous enums defined in Iostreams and report back. E.g., at line
> 148 of boost/iostreams/filter/aggregate.hpp, change

There is more files with anonymous enums in iostream.
a quick grep gives this:
$ rgrep "enum {" boost/iostreams/*
boost/iostreams/code_converter.hpp: enum {
boost/iostreams/detail/streambuf/indirect_streambuf.hpp: enum {
boost/iostreams/filter/line.hpp: enum {
boost/iostreams/filter/symmetric.hpp: enum {
boost/iostreams/filter/gzip.hpp: enum {
boost/iostreams/filter/gzip.hpp: enum {
boost/iostreams/filter/aggregate.hpp: enum {

I changed them, and the example in my first post compiles, with both
gzip and bzip2 filters.
Patch attached.

Thanks for the quick response