From: Matt (mattyt.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-04 02:12:47

Rene Rivera wrote:

>>If not is there any other way to specify that you don't want the boost
>>version appended to the end of the filename?
>
> Use the "--layout=system" option when building/installing.

Thanks Rene, that worked a treat.

I couldn't find much documentation about this feature, is there any
plans to expose it? It seems like a common thing to want to do. Can I
help?

Also, I found some weirdness when building libraries. Specifically, the
Test library built libs for the dynamic versions altough the dll's
themselves were not built. I understand that the test library doesn't
have a dynamically linked version (according to the faq:
http://tinyurl.com/77cjd) so why are the (dynamic) .libs being generated?

I also found that a couple of the libraries were producing seemingly
duplicate libs. By that I mean that two versions of a lib were being
created, one _with_ the boost version number appended and one without -
the filesizes were the same and, according to the naming convenion
(http://tinyurl.com/aycpa), I believe the ones without the version
number should not exist. I was using the 'stage' option with the vc-7_1
toolkit and noticed this on at least the serialization and wave libraries.

Are these two issues known?

I may have been using an old version of bjam though if that helps...

Cheers,
Matt