From: Edward Grace (ej.grace_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-12 06:52:50

Dear All,

Is there specifically a way I can do the following?

        boost::numeric::ublas::scalar_matrix<double> mD(3,3);
        boost::numeric::ublas::scalar_matrix<complex<double> > mC(3,3);

mC = mD;

Since I can do,

        complex<double> a;
        double b;

        a = b;

without any problem why can the same thing be done with the container?

Perhaps this is a more general point with C++ containers.

If I can carry out a type conversion on the contained object (e.g. double ->
complex<double> assuming the double is real) is there a way I can make sure
the same carries through for casting of the contained objects?

-ed

--
Dr. Edward Grace
Photonics Group, Physics Department