From: Edward Grace (ej.grace_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-12 06:59:47

Dear all,

I am evaluating aspects of the boost library. I wish to generate a simple
implementation of ray transfer (ABCD) matricies,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCD_matrix

Since these matricies are 2x2 and will need multiplication, trace and other
similar matrix like operations it makes sense to use:

matrix_array<double,2>

or

boost::numeric::ublas::matrix_scalar<double>

I wish to generate a ray transfer matrix class by overloading (say)
matrix_array<double,2> and adding member functions such as:

class rtm : boost::multi_array<double,2> {
public:
        void setA(double val) {
                boost::multi_array<double,2>::operator()(0,0) = val;
        }
};

Now, this is wrong... Essentially I just want to know something very
simple....

When I inherit multi_array or any other class that I want to use the [] or
(x,x) notation to access elements (subscript operators) how on earth do I do
it?

Your help will be greatly appreciated, this is driving me crazy!

-ed