From: Martin Slater (mslater_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-14 04:09:28

> When you use a stream, rather than a streambuf, exceptions are caught
> automatically and translated into stream state, unless you set the exception
> mask to request that exceptions be propagated. (See
> http://www.boost.org/libs/iostreams/doc/index.html?path=3.10)
>
> The only time you have to be prepared to handle exceptions is when you are using
> a raw stream buffer.

Just to be sure, were using an old version with boost 1.32 where stream
== source. What I'm finding is that in the constructor where it is
passed a file to open it gets passed through to our code and the file
doesn't exist the only way we have of reporting an error is through an
exception but this doesn't get caught and translated by the
stream_facade but propogated straight out to our code. Has this
behaviour changed in 1.33 or is there something i'm missing?

thanks

Martin