From: Jeremy Siek (jeremy.siek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-18 18:25:50

Hi Nicola,

On Sep 18, 2005, at 12:57 PM, Nicola Vitacolonna wrote:
> Thank you! Actually, boost::array is an unfortunate choice, as it
> does not model a Sequence.

If you define your own push and erase, instead of using the
default ones (that rely on container_category), then you should
be able to get this to work... however, you'll still have to deal with
the problem that boost::array is not resizable... perhaps by
managing the real size yourself.

> But I have successfully built a vertex
> list out of std::deque. Which has suggested me a couple of more
> questions:
>
> 1) I should also overload iterator_stability() for my container,
> shouldn't I?

Yes, though I don't think adjacency_list currently uses that.

> 2) I did a quick test: adding vertices to a graph (adjacency_list)
> whose vertex list is implemented as a deque turns out to be faster
> than adding vertices to a vector-based (or even a list-based) graph.
> Why isn't there any "dequeS" tag in BGL?

Historical accident. If you'd like we could add your implementation
for deque.

Cheers,
Jeremy