From: Benjamin Rutt (rutt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 08:38:18

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Not possible. If there were actual errors, the build would've
> stopped.

I see. It must have been warnings then.

>> I guess those "failures" must have been unmet optional dependencies?
>
> Possibly. The way to tell for sure is build in some editor or command
> shell window with a long memory or simply redirect the build output
> into a file so you can review it later. If you don't want to wait for
> the build to actually occur you could run bjam with the -n flag; that
> will do all the computation necessary including warning you of missing
> dependencies, but will only print the commands that would be used for
> building, rather than executing them.

Thanks; unfortunately, I did not save a log of my prior build. I
re-ran the build, and had no warnings this time. My dev environment
must have gained some dependencies since the last time I tried.

> For now, I think the only documentation is what the build system tells
> you about.

OK, from what I've gathered, boost can optionally depend on python and
gzip+bzip2 libraries. If anyone can think of something I have missed,
let me know. Thanks,

--
Benjamin Rutt