From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 18:42:00

On 9/20/05, boost-users-request_at_[hidden] <
boost-users-request_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:35:08 -0500
> From: "Lee Crabtree" <lcrabtree_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: [Boost-users] trouble with boost::assign
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
>
> Hi, I'm trying initialize a static map with map_list_of. Something along
> the
> lines of:
>
> map<int,int> blarg = map_list_of(1, 2);
>
> However, when I go to compile, I receive the following error:

Lee Crabtree

Can't help you with the error, unfortunately, but just wondering - does this
map *remain* static after initialization? ie Do you do any inserts or
deletes after init? I wrote a static_map<K, T> that is constructed from a
static array, which I use for those cases where the map doesn't change, and
I was just wondering how useful people thought it might be - ie how often do
you have maps that never change after initialization from static data?