From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-25 19:47:06

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:59:36 +1200, Simon Buchan wrote

> > Yes, this would be ideal, but it is alot of work to get all the docs into a
> > consistent form that everyone can agree. Even if we get agreement to move
> > toward a common standard (which I believe we should do) there will be a
> > tremendous amount of work to get all of boost converted over...
>
> c.l.boost.devel just mentioned a 'documentation wizard', (in the
> hacker sense of a genius, not the MS sense of a program to run the
> program :D), so maybe you will get your wish...

>From some off-list moderator discussion I suspect that the role of the
documentation wizard will be mostly to ensure quality and completeness of the
written docs more than the 'format -- but we are leaving the details up to Rob
so maybe he'll want to do something with setting additional doc standards such
as always ensuring a link back to the main page.

This issue also intersects with work that Rene Rivera and others have been
doing to modernize and improve the web site. Navigation is a big part of that
redesign work which obviously hasn't made it to the whole site. BTW,
contributions of time on the web redesign would surely be accepted -- so
anyone with skills and some free time might want to ask on the developer list
how best to contribute...

Jeff