From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 09:27:58

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:59:36 +1200, Simon Buchan wrote
>
>> > Yes, this would be ideal, but it is alot of work to get all the docs into a
>> > consistent form that everyone can agree. Even if we get agreement to move
>> > toward a common standard (which I believe we should do) there will be a
>> > tremendous amount of work to get all of boost converted over...
>>
>> c.l.boost.devel just mentioned a 'documentation wizard', (in the
>> hacker sense of a genius, not the MS sense of a program to run the
>> program :D), so maybe you will get your wish...
>
>>From some off-list moderator discussion I suspect that the role of the
> documentation wizard will be mostly to ensure quality and completeness of the
> written docs more than the 'format -- but we are leaving the details up to Rob
> so maybe he'll want to do something with setting additional doc standards such
> as always ensuring a link back to the main page.
>
> This issue also intersects with work that Rene Rivera and others have been
> doing to modernize and improve the web site. Navigation is a big part of that
> redesign work which obviously hasn't made it to the whole site. BTW,
> contributions of time on the web redesign would surely be accepted -- so
> anyone with skills and some free time might want to ask on the developer list
> how best to contribute...
>
> Jeff

I dont think that every page needs a common look but I do think links to the
libraries doc main page and the boost main index should be required on very
documentation page. . I've already modified some of my local documentation by
adding basic links in basic html. I brought this subject up so I'm happy to
offer offer my services to hand modify boost doc html pages if that will help...
Who should I get in touch with ?.

regards
Andy Little