From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-26 11:38:29

On Sep 26, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Douglas Gregor wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Simon Buchan wrote:
>> Hmm, I think a lot of distributions of TR1 will, at first, be edited,
>> copied, trimmed, out-of-date, versions of boost's implementations
>> anyway,
>
> I'm not sure this is true; at least, it isn't for the 3
> implementations of TR1 that I know are in development. All of them
> were built (mostly) from scratch, although the authors did borrow
> some ideas and test cases from the Boost implementations.

<nod>

CodeWarrior Pro 9 has:

     template <class Sig> class result_of
     template <class T> class reference_wrapper
     template <class T> reference_wrapper<T> ref(T& t)
     template <class T> reference_wrapper<const T> cref(const T& t)
     template <class Sig> class function
     template<class T> class shared_ptr
     template<class T> class weak_ptr
     template<class T> class enable_shared_from_this
     template <class T0, class T1, ... class T9> class tuple

Pro 10 (beta) adds:

bind
array
type_traits

All built as Doug describes. This "native" implementation can take
advantage of compiler functionality such as __declspec__ or __typeof__,
and superior type traits support. And bind just kicks butt with rvalue
reference capability turned on. ;-) Definitely not "copied, trimmed,
out-of-date."

-Howard