From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 12:12:28

"Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jim Douglas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> (New to Boost & bjam - not QNX)
>>
>> I am trying to build the Boost libs for QNX 6.3.0 on both the Windows
>> hosted
>> and QNX hosted development platforms using the gcc tools.

[snip]
> 1. If you are going to attempt a cross-platform build with BBv1 then you
> will have to create a new toolset specifically for this.

Not a good idea. What about BBv2? Does it potentially offer a solution?

> 2. QNX is not one of the platforms Boost supports, i.e. no one builds
> and tests on it, so you will get build errors even though it uses GCC
> 3.3.1 and Dinkumware 4.0.2.

Hmm... I might consider offering my services as a QNX tester as there is
some good timesaving stuff here and I could get a few other QNX programmers
interested.

> 3. There are some improvements for QNX in the RC_1_33_0 branch in CVS
> you will want. Like some code config, build, and bjam changes.

I am using version 1.33.0 which I assume supercedes the branch RC_1_33_0 -
release candidate I assume? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Jim