From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 12:50:42

Jim Douglas wrote:
> "Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>Jim Douglas wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>(New to Boost & bjam - not QNX)
>>>
>>>I am trying to build the Boost libs for QNX 6.3.0 on both the Windows
>>>hosted
>>>and QNX hosted development platforms using the gcc tools.
>

> [snip]
>
>>1. If you are going to attempt a cross-platform build with BBv1 then you
>>will have to create a new toolset specifically for this.
>

> Not a good idea. What about BBv2? Does it potentially offer a solution?

Not immediately, similar changes that got done to BBv1 for supporting
QCC would need to go into the BBv2 gcc toolset.

>>2. QNX is not one of the platforms Boost supports, i.e. no one builds
>>and tests on it, so you will get build errors even though it uses GCC
>>3.3.1 and Dinkumware 4.0.2.
>
> Hmm... I might consider offering my services as a QNX tester as there is
> some good timesaving stuff here and I could get a few other QNX programmers
> interested.

That would be awesome!

>>3. There are some improvements for QNX in the RC_1_33_0 branch in CVS
>>you will want. Like some code config, build, and bjam changes.
>
> I am using version 1.33.0 which I assume supercedes the branch RC_1_33_0 -
> release candidate I assume? Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong :-) It's a very badly named branch name. The branch
actually represents the ongoing work on the 1.33.x version of Boost, and
will become 1.33.1 soon. We really should have picked the better
BOOST_1_33 name, but oh well to late now :-\

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything