From: Jim Douglas (jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-30 02:15:43

"Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jim Douglas wrote:
>> Let's start off down that path and see how far we get. Given my
>> inexperience
>> it would be useful to have a mentor on hand for a little while until I
>> get
>> up to speed. Please advise how best to proceed.
>
> A few things to do:
>
> * We have a list for those people who are running, or maintain,
> regression testing:
>
> http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#testing
>
> I suggest continuing over there, but some other initial comments for
> now...

I will make my next posting there in a few days time after I have installed
the regression test software and done some serious reading.

> * There's a short set of instructions on running regression tests at:
>
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/regression_setup/instructions.html
>
> It requires having Python 2.3 at least. Mike's QNX repository has a
> Python 2.4 build...
>
> http://mike.qnx.org.ru/qopencd/

Ha! Comrade Gorchak gets everywhere :-) He is doing a great job porting all
those apps to QNX.

> * Make sure to test the RC_1_33_0 branch as the mainline doesn't have
> the minimal QNX support changes. I haven't merged them back into the
> trunk yet.

I have checked out this branch already. It does seem to be better behaved
than release 1.33.0, but is a long way from perfect. Where did the
motivation for QNX support come from? Are you tasked to implement it?

> * On that branch there's a "qcc-tools.jam" BBv1 toolset file which you
> can use instead of the regular gcc toolset. All it does is specify to
> use "QCC" or "qcc" instead of "g++" and "gcc" for the commands.

Hmmm. QCC/qcc are not staight substitutes for g++/gcc. Some of the
parameters are the same, but many e.g -W require a 'pass-through' prefix. It
can get messy... I'll take a close look.

Regards
Jim