From: Matt Amato (matt.amato_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-04 08:27:55

    The thread library is still in heavy development. There has been
some dispute as the best way to handle sleeping. For now, you can
either do it the boost way, or simply use the lower level sleep call.
I currently use the lower level sleep call in many circumstances, and
will switch over when boost has a more convenient and efficient way of
doing it.