From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 07:51:50

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Andreas Volz <lists_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Domingo, Octubre 30, 2005 8:15 pm
Asunto: [Boost-users] [Multi-Index] composite_key problems

> Hi,
>
> I like to build a data structure and like to access it with different
> keys, so I try multi_index for this.
[...]
> I hacked the basic example to get this working. My example compiles,
> but if I execute it, I get only warnings:
>
> probe: /usr/include/boost/multi_index/detail/index_iterator.hpp:107:
> typename Node::value_type&
> boost::multi_index::detail::index_iterator<Node,
> Container>::operator*() const [with Node =
> Container>boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index_node<boost::
> multi_index::detail::index_node_base<learnedMeasure>
> Container>>, Container =
> Container>>boost::multi_index::detail::ordered_index<boost::
> multi_index::composite_key<learnedMeasure,
> Container>>boost::multi_index::member<learnedMeasure, std::string,
> Container>>&learnedMeasure::measu
> .... more warnings
>
> I put my example code online. Perhaps someone could take a look in it
> and help me to find this problem.
>
> http://cpp.sourceforge.net/?show=9550

Hello Andreas,

I can't compile your source right now, but from the looks
of it I cannot see anything wrong.
What compiler are you using? If MSVC++ 6.0 or 7.0, take into
account they have non-conformances you must take into account
when using Boost.MultiIndex, see

http://boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/compiler_specifics.html

Your particular code won't work on either of these compilers
due to problems with member<> and composite_key that are
addresses in the aforementioned page.

Is this the problem? If not, I'll try to get back to you
in a couple of days.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo