From: Andreas Sæbjørnsen (andreas.saebjoernsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-05 12:43:32

Thank you very much. This is really excellent work, and for us it is really
useful. We are making an open source BSD license style tool called ROSE for
easily building C/C++ translators which takes the source code as input and
outputs source code. Our tool understand the C/C++ syntax, unlike normal
compilers it can understand the syntax of a library and you can easily work
within the AST to analyze and change the AST. The aim of the tool is
scientific computing and especially optimization of code which uses high
level abstractions, but the tool is general and can be applied to a lot of
software engineering problems.

Since our intermediate representation is an AST and our frontend is a
compiler frontend we lost some information about the part of the
preprocessor directives which is evaluated as negative, we had knowledge
about the macro declarations but no knowledge about the macros calls and
also no simple solution to some details about how many digits the floating
point values is declared with in the code (we handle the floating point
value as value not string, but now we will probably have both). It seems
like we are now able to extract this information using Wave and that is
excellent, but we are yet to hook it up to our tool. So expect us to use
Wave on some of the most advanced C/C++ codes out there. :)

Thanks
Andreas