From: Nigel Rantor (wiggly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-12 09:42:10

David Abrahams wrote:
> Nigel Rantor <wiggly_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>David Abrahams wrote:

>>>?? The C++ Standard is the canonical reference
>>>
>>>http://www.jamesd.demon.co.uk/csc/faq.html#B1
>>>http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470846747,descCd-tableOfContents.html
>>
>>*sigh*
>>
>>Yes, I thought I was being clear, apparently not. I meant out of ALL of
>>the possible references out there is there one above all others that
>>people would recommend.
>

> ?? There is only one C++ standard.

Good lord man, must you be so obtuse?

I was merely asking if one was better. If you can't understand that some
reference material is of better quality, contains superior examples or
includes more engaging sections on rationale/design then I would much
rather you say that they are all equal or say nothing at all rather than
imply that I beleive there to be multiple standards.

>>Any idea regarding the extreme difference in price of them?
>

> It costs a lot more to print a book than to duplicate a PDF?

No, one comes either as a book for $175 OR as a PDF for $18. The other
is only available as a book for £34.00.

I was wondering why/how they can get away with $175...

You know what forget it, it isn't that important.