From: Jeroen Akershoek (jeroena_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-23 10:18:26

Hello,

I'm trying to build boost on our SGI Onyx4 and am running into some
problems. I've tried looking up some documentation for configuring the
build-system a bit better, but couldn't find much. I don't have the time
to dig into it and find it out myself, especially since building boost
isn't my ultimate goal for this exercise, so I'm hoping you can help me
out here

I'm getting (a lot of occurances of) three errors throughout the build:

1) the indicated type is incomplete
  std::basic_istream<charT> m_is; // stream for
parsing numbers.
  Not sure about this one. Missing include somewhere or maybe SGIs STL
is f00bar

2) The indicated enumeration value is out of "int" range.
  enum npos_type { npos = (size_type)-1 };
  I assume it's the same problem as with IBMCPP. Don't know if MIPSpro
can have 64-bits enums.

3) Threading is disabled: _SGI_MP_SOURCE is undefined

If somebody could help me out with these, I'd be very grateful.

My environment is IRIX 6.5.27 with MIPSpro 7.41, bjam 3.1.11 and I'm
trying boost 1.33.0.
I've modified the tools/build/v1/mipspro-tool.jam to use -64 and -mips4
as default. Probably not the way to do it,
but I couldn't find the "proper" way within decent time

Kind regards,
 Jeroen

--
Jeroen Akershoek
SARA - High Performance Computing & Visualization dep.