From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-23 22:02:44

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:18:26 +0100, Jeroen Akershoek wrote
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build boost on our SGI Onyx4 and am running into some
> problems. I've tried looking up some documentation for configuring
> the build-system a bit better, but couldn't find much. I don't have
> the time to dig into it and find it out myself, especially since
> building boost isn't my ultimate goal for this exercise,

So maybe you can first say which libraries you intend to use? Many of the
libraries are header-only, so for those you don't need to even take this step
-- just include the headers in your source and go. That would just circumvent
the whole issue. Second, if you only needed on built library (say
boost.filesystem) you could just build that one and ignore the rest. You can
do this by changing directory to BOOST_TOP/libs/<libname>/build and running
bjam. Or you can run bjam --without-<library>

> so I'm hoping you can help me out here
>
> I'm getting (a lot of occurances of) three errors throughout the build:

Without more context I think it will be hard for us to help you track the
errors down -- for example, which file is being compiled, etc...

>...snip build failure details...

> If somebody could help me out with these, I'd be very grateful.
>
> My environment is IRIX 6.5.27 with MIPSpro 7.41, bjam 3.1.11 and I'm
> trying boost 1.33.0.
> I've modified the tools/build/v1/mipspro-tool.jam to use -64 and -mips4
> as default. Probably not the way to do it,
> but I couldn't find the "proper" way within decent time

There's some docs on the build system at:

http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v1/build_system.htm

I'm afraid someone else will have to give you detailed advice on the build
system however...

Jeff