From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-24 18:19:41

A Johan wrote:
> Good day everyone,
>
> i'm using the boost::date_time::posix_time libarary in my application.
> When ever i compile i get lots of warning. mostly its about not being
> able to generate copy constructors from the lexical_cast lbrary and a
> whole lot of "C4127 conditional experssion is constant.
>
> OS: windows 2000 server
> Compiler: MSVC 7.1
>
> is this normal or am i missing something here? the boost lib was
> compiled with the msvc_71 toolset.
>
> D:\boost_1_33_0\boost\lexical_cast.hpp(191) : warning C4511:
> 'boost::detail::lexical_stream<Target,Source>' : copy constructor
> could not be generated
> with
> [
> Target=short,
> Source=NewSource
> ]
> D:\boost_1_33_0\boost\lexical_cast.hpp(218) : see reference to
> class template instantiation
> 'boost::detail::lexical_stream<Target,Source>' being compiled
> with
> [
> Target=short,
> Source=NewSource
> ]
> ...snip more warnings...

Hi Johan -

Not sure if these warnings are normal or not -- it's entirely possible
they are because we can't see warnings in the regression system (I
normally don't test vc locally). The good news is that VC7.1 passes all
the date-time regressions so the library should work. I'll put it on
our todo list to try and track down these warnings...

Jeff