From: A Johan (ajohan75_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-24 21:50:50

Hello All....

On 25/11/05, Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> -------------- original message snipped -----------------
> Hi Johan -
>
> Not sure if these warnings are normal or not -- it's entirely possible
> they are because we can't see warnings in the regression system (I
> normally don't test vc locally). The good news is that VC7.1 passes all
> the date-time regressions so the library should work. I'll put it on
> our todo list to try and track down these warnings...
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

it might just be the way i'm using the boost classes that's causing
all the problems. the posix_time is a member of a class which is a
member of another class which is stored in a
vector<boost::shared_ptr>. see below:

class mydata {
    boost::posix_time::ptime m_timedata;
    /// other members...
}

class myobject {
     mydata m_data;
     /// other members...
}

int main(void)
{
     std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<myobject> >myvector;

    for(int i = 0; i < 30; ++i) {
        boost::shared_ptr<myobject> p(new myobject());
        myvector.push_back(p);
    }

    // use vector myvector

    return 0;
}

consequently althought the compiler is complaining a lot about the
date_time lib it may come some other libs. i'm not sure. the programs
run fine but i'm concerned i may miss some of the more crucial
warnings as per project i get around 200++ warnings from the boost
libs and i have about 6 projects in the vc solution.

then again i might just be the vc71 compiler. all boost #includes need
to be at the top of the file or else the compiler with give up with
"Internal Compiler Error. Please call tech support...."

just to make myself happy i tried doing a test program in a seperate project

int main(void)
{
    boost::posix_time::ptime
mytime(boost::posix_time::second_clock::local_time);
    std::cout << mytime << std::endl;

   return 0;
}

this compiled clean without any warnings at all.

all projects were compiled with warning level set to 4.

cheers again

A. Johan