From: Will Bryant (will_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-26 22:21:56

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Can you replace options_description.cpp with
>
> http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/~ghost/options_description.cpp
>
> And try again. The problem is that I can't reproduce the problem myself,
> neither with valgrind nor with libstdc++ debug mode, so I rely on users to
> tell if it's gone.

Nope, with that version it fails on line 375:
                    line_end = line_begin + line_length;
At this point with the example program I gave, line_begin points to the
word "format" and line_length is 55, which is way past the end of the
string.

What version of gcc are you using? I know in older libstdc++s was just
a pointer, so doing things incrementing or decrementing an iterator past
the beginning or end of the string wouldn't show up in valgrind until
you deferenced it, but I would have thought that the iterator classes in
later libstdc++s would show up such problems more readily.

Best regards,
Will

--
Will Bryant