From: David M Garza (David.M.Garza_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-30 10:51:39

John Maddock wrote:
>>I would like to install parts of Boost, for now the uBLAS and smart
>>pointer libraries, on a workstation running HP-UX 11.22. I'm using
>>gcc
>>3.4.3, not HP's C++ compiler.
>>
>>bjam seems to build okay, but when I try to use bjam to install just
>>the uBLAS library using the command
>

> ublas is a header only library so there's no need to build anything to use
> it. You should be able to just install the headers though without building
> anything if that's what you want to do.

ublas is a header-only library, but it does have dependencies on other
boost libraries. I'm guessing since I've been able to play with ublas a
little already the dependencies are also header-only libraries--I
definitely don't have any libraries built. I was hoping there was an
easier way than copying the ublas headers to the installation directory,
then figuring out the other dependencies by going through headers and
tracing #include's.

Also, I have gone from just wanting ublas to also wanting the smart
pointers. Are they and their dependencies also header-only libraries?
When I tried the pointer_test.cpp test program it failed with a seg
fault. I compiled the test program by just pointing the compiler at the
header files from the tarball. I wanted to be sure I had the library
properly installed so I'm back to troubleshooting the installation.

David