From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-30 11:13:02

> ublas is a header-only library, but it does have dependencies on other
> boost libraries. I'm guessing since I've been able to play with
> ublas a little already the dependencies are also header-only
> libraries--I definitely don't have any libraries built. I was hoping
> there was an easier way than copying the ublas headers to the
> installation directory, then figuring out the other dependencies by
> going through headers and tracing #include's.

OK, if you just want to copy/install a subset of Boost's headers then use
the bcp tool: http://www.boost.org/tools/bcp/bcp.html

Obviously you have to use bjam to build it first :-)

> Also, I have gone from just wanting ublas to also wanting the smart
> pointers. Are they and their dependencies also header-only libraries?

Yes.

> When I tried the pointer_test.cpp test program it failed with a seg
> fault. I compiled the test program by just pointing the compiler at
> the header files from the tarball. I wanted to be sure I had the
> library properly installed so I'm back to troubleshooting the
> installation.

Not good: what you did should work, but without knowing more it's impossible
to tell what the issue is. Try using bjam to build and run the smart_ptr
tests:

cd libs/smart_ptr/test
bjam -sTOOLS=gcc test

According to
http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_33_0/user/smart_ptr.html
all the smart_ptr tests should be fine on HP Tru64, but it doesn't look like
we have anyone testing on HP-UX though.

John.