From: Chris Morley (g18c_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-05 10:26:52

> Take a look at the "portable_binary_archive" example. This shows
> how to make your own archive by deriving from an existing one. Note
> that the portable_binary_archive handles endian issues but does not
> include portable floating point. If you need this, you'll have to finish
> the example.

Hi Robert, i have been going through your example code, thanks for the help.
I do have a problem in that i see "serialization bookmarking" data is
inserted into the stream, this is default archive behaviour so i am trying
to overide this part of the archives functionality and replace it with a
dummy function which does nothing... in other words i am after a raw binary
stream without a version numbers and without this bookmark data. I have done
stack traces at breakpoints where this bookmarking data seems to be written,
but there are a lot of calls and i will be honest i am getting lost! Any
further pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris