From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-05 13:57:56

There is no book keeping data that is not required to support some
serialization functionality. That is, if you eliminate the bookkeeping
information, the serialization system won't work in all its glory.

However, in many cases the bookkeeping information can be diminished
or perhaps eliminated by setting serialization traits to a lower level to
so that all the serialization functionality is not used. Reasons for
different settings (e.g. implementation level, tracking, etc) is described
in the documentation.

I all you want are "write only" archives, then of course you can
suppress all the book keeping data you want. As an example,
you might want to look at the implemenation for xml_?archive
which includes special handling of all the book keeping data to
fit it into xml format. This is an exhaustive list. So just re-implement
these for your binary archive to do nothing. You won't be able
to read the archives back of course.

Good Luck

Robert Ramey