From: Reinder Verlinde (zwartgat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-08 04:53:21

I am trying to use the boost interval library. It works fine, until I
try to use exp, log, or one of the goniometric functions:

  error: 'struct boost
  ::numeric::interval_lib::detail::save_state_unprotected<
    boost::numeric::interval_lib::rounded_arith_opp<
      double,
      boost::numeric::interval_lib::rounding_control<double>

>' has no member named 'cos_up'

and similar errors for cos_down, sin_up, etc.

I read the documentation, but could not find what to do about this. From
<http://www.boost.org/libs/numeric/interval/doc/rounding.htm>, I get the
impression that I need to write a rounding policy, but am at a loss
about how to do this.

My problem is twofold:
- getting this to be compiled using erroneous versions of this where
cos_up and cos_down simply call 'cos'
- getting correct versions of cos_up, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Reinder