From: Eric Belanger (belanger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-08 16:12:03

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> Eric Belanger wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to build openvrml 0.15.10 which uses the Boost library.
> > However, I get the following error message:
> >
> It might well be a problem in converter.hpp but I can't see it with the
> information you are providing me since the error is triggered by the
> template parameters used in your specific case.
> In gcc, you get a sequence of "Instantiating from" messages that allow you
> to see the compilation path that leads to the failing template instantiation
> and the corresponding template parameters. Can you use that to isolate the
> problem into a small but complete program?

I didn't get any other error message that the ones that I posted in my
first email. I have also noticed that if I comment out the declaration of
'None' (line 233) and replace 'None' by 'void' in line 238, then the
compilation is successful. I don't know C++ so I'm not sure how
appropriate this fix is. However, it implies that the problem is in the
declaration of 'None' itself and that the following errors about line 238
are caused by this failed declarations. A cause of this problem could be
that None is already defined in a standard X11 include file
(/usr/X11R6/include/X11/X.h):

#ifndef None
#define None 0L /* universal null resource or null atom */
#endif

That's all the information I can give now. Let me know if you need more
information.

Thanks.
Eric Belanger