From: Max Motovilov (max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-10 22:24:15

Paul,

I hear you :) The frustration surely breaks through. But, ugly workarounds
or not, being _able_ to use tools such as Boost libraries is a very big
deal. And, to a large degree, you are helping drag the [kicking and
screaming] compiler vendors into the realm of standard C++ BECAUSE your
libraries can be immediately used with MOST of the compilers out there. A
shaming campaign is a pretty nice twist, I agree -- but just cutting off the
non-conforming compilers would mean marginalization. You may be happy with a
few "power clients", I don't know, but there's gonna be a whole lot of
unhappy people left in the cold... though _I_ personally can probably get by
with M$VC8 :)

...Max...