From: Max Motovilov (max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-12 09:18:25

> I think one of your fundamental assumptions is bad. You're insisting that
> Wave has its preprocessor bug-for-bug compatible with major compiler(s),

Well, let's be accurate -- I was _asking_ to be able to achieve such
compatibility at the user side, not to change Wave into non-compliance.

> actual implementations out there. We are doing something akin to
research,

So far I was under impression that you [meaning Boost community in the
larger sense] were creating libraries, extremely useful practically.
Granted, the research part directed towards the future C++ standard is very
important but c'mon, this stuff appears to be used massively. Whether each
particular user request is worth satisfying is a whole another matter -- no
_commercial_ product satisfies them all, either -- but you really can't say
that Boost is not user- and use- driven...

> in identifiers). But we don't want to go crazy on this because the time
> implement every quirk on every compiler out there would take up our time
for
> actual improvements.

Makes perfect sense.

...Max...