From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-29 05:45:29

> Thank you for your suggestion.
> Indeed, it solved the problem.
> I commented line 131 in the file boost/config/compiler/visualc.hpp
>
>> Unfortunately we've never had anyone run the tests regularly on
>> embedded platforms so your mileage may vary: so any feedback will be
>> gratefully received!
>
> Unfortunately, uncommenting that check solved the problem but
> partially. As my next testes, I tried to use Boost.Any and I see
> there are compilere related checks still present.
> When I include the any.hpp
> #include <boost/any.hpp>
> and I'm getting this error message (I have to confess that it's hard
> for me to decipher it :-))
>
> c:\boost\include\boost-1_33_1\boost\mpl\aux_\yes_no.hpp(42) : error
> C2265: '<Unknown>' : reference to a zero-sized array is illegal
> c:\boost\include\boost-1_33_1\boost\mpl\aux_\yes_no.hpp(47) :
> see reference to class template instantiation
> 'boost::mpl::aux::weighted_tag<n>' being compiled
> c:\boost\include\boost-1_33_1\boost\type_traits\broken_compiler_spec.hpp(23)
>> fatal error C1506: unrecoverable block scoping error
>
> The message above relates to the following check of compiler:
>
> #if !BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, == 1200)
> typedef char (&type)[n];
> #else

This is a known issue: eVC++ bumps the version number up to 1201 or 1202 so
a lot of version checks / workarounds don't work anymore.

A large patch for this was added to mainline cvs, but it didn't make it in
time for 1.33.1 (too big a patch)

See http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/07/90101.php

John.